In this article, I will review the best exercise bike brands in India. People generally think of the Cycling Machines like the one you see in the normal gyms. However, there are multiple types of bicycles available in the market (offline and online both)
I will be talking about each of those types of best exercise brands in India and also recommend a few options to buy based on the quality, features and the price at which it is available in India.
Bicycles can provide you with an excellent cardio workout. The main advantage of bicycles is that almost any can use it (No matter what your current fitness levels are) with least worry about getting injured.
Even if you are overweight, cycling (Or swimming) can be the perfect exercise for you. If done correctly, cycling does not put undue stress on your knees or back.
In gym, people generally do cycling on exercise bikes for warm up. Although you can do it there itself but i recommend you to do the natural cycling in the nature. I mean to say if you live in some beautiful places like Ooty, Shimla etc. buy one cycle and do it on roads on the laps of nature with the intake of fresh air and then go to gym.
Table of Contents
What are the different types of Exercise Cycles/Machines?
There are two main types of bicycles that can be used for exercising. Stationary or Gym bikes and other ones are the normal cycles that you can ride outdoors.
Types of Gym Bicycles:
These cycles (as the name suggests) have an upright riding position. These machines try to give you the same experience and posture as you would have to ride a real bicycle on the roads. There are again quite a few variations available in Upright cycles, however, most would allow you to ride in various positions.
These bikes can be a bit hard on your back (as they don’t have a back rest), especially if you not in the right shape. So start off slow and slowly build up your exercise regime. This will help you remain injury free.
If you are looking for an Upright bicycle, you can have a look at the Reach B-200 Exercise Fitness Gym Cycle with Cushioned Seat for Home (Click for more details). It is a multi function product, works as a cycle as well as a cross trainer. For other variations click here
Recumbent cycles are stationary exercise cycles with a comfortable backrest and a bit laid back riding position usually comfortable for elder people. This is achieved by moving the pedal out a front on most of these machines as shown in the below image. These machines are really good for people for lower back pain or any kind of injury.
The comfortable riding position allows the back to be rested with the work is done only by the lower leg muscles. If you are looking to buy a recumbent cycle then you should buy the Proline Fitness 335L Recumbent Bike (Click for more details). See the other variations here.
Best Stationary Cycles/bike brands for Exercise in India:
One of the best manual exercise bike for cardio in India. This bicycle is available in two variations, with and without backrests (with back rests will obviously cost you more). This product uses magnets to create resistance and perform much better compared to cheaper manual/air exercise bikes.
- FULL-BODY WORKOUT The Air Exercise Bike is a stationary Cycle that also gives a full-body workout supporting 100 kg . This exercise bike will strengthen your lower body while its dual-action arms feature will increase your upper body endurance as you pedal
- EASY INTERFACE This stationary bike comes with a user-friendly tracker and an LCD that allows you to scan modes and track your time, distance, speed, and calories burned as you exercise
- ERGONOMIC SEATING The Exercise Fitness Bike is ergonomically made for seating with large adjustable seat cushion. Its handlebars are packed with high-density foam, which will prevent you from experiencing stiffness of the back, strains, and muscle aches as you work out
- BELT DRIVE RESISTANCE – Belt requires restricted maintenance, improves pedaling technique, permits less momentum-based recovery, makes the rider work efficiently and operates quietly
- EASY INSTALLATION and SUPPORT SERVICE . We are quite sure that you will be super-impressed with DURABILITY, PORTABILITY of our Exercise Cycle.
If you are looking for a budget option, you can go for this cycle. Reach is one of the known and best exercise bike brands in India. However, you should understand that the performance and the quality of this bike is comparably same as the one above.
The bicycle is quite stable and stationary and a person weighing up to 100 Kg can easily use the same. The grip of the bike is comfortable and padded.
- Magnetic Upright Fitness Bike Cycle With 4 Kg Flyweight For A Smooth Cycling Experience
- Display : Time, Distance, Speed, Pulse, Calorie, Total Distance Travelled, Scan, Hand Pulse Sensor
- Max Weight Capacity : 100 Kgs ; 8 Level Tension Controller ; Non Skid Foot Pedals with Adjustable Foot straps
- Assembly Size (cm) ：92 x 51 x 110.5
- 1 Year JSB National Warranty ; You can Install the Exercise Cycle with the help of Youtube video guide or the instruction manual. In case you need assistance with Installation, please contact JSB Customer Support. Engineer Visit can be arranged on chargeable basis.
If you are looking for a recumbent exercise cycle then I suggest you must buy this product. The equipment is very sturdy and can be used by a person up to 110 Kg in weight.
The product has a nice comfortable seating position and can be used by someone with lower back pain. (Consult your Doctor/Physician before exercising)
- 6 functions computer, Installation charges of Rs 1000/- would be applicable..
- Handpulse, outer magnetic.. Installation charges of Rs 1000/- would be applicable..
- Manual tension 8 levels, flywheel 5kg
- Lifetime frame Warranty against manufacturing defects, 3 month motor Warranty
- Wheels for easy moving, Operated by battery and User Weight 110 kg
One of the best cycles available in India for spinning at your home or at gym. The bike is nicely designed and is available in steel grey colour on Amazon.
The cycle has all the basic functionality that you would need. It comes with an adjustable seat and good non-skid pedals.
The bicycle is ergonomically designed and you would find it easy to spin in various positions and speeds by adjusting the resistance.
- Free Installation across India. Please call +91-95245-00088 to register for installation (Working hours: Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm). You can also register your installation through whatsapp (Please drop a message with Name, Order ID, Contact Number & address on +91 62838-22621 )
- Technical Feature: You can glance at the 6″ LCD monitor, which tracks calories, time, speed and distance
- Flywheel Size:Φ200 MM / 3.0 KGS,1 PC Crank & One Way Bearing,Maximum User Weight & Height:100 Kgs /150-195 cm
- Operating Technology:Magnetic System,Resistance Level:8-Level,Brake system:Magnetic
- Resistance Level:8 levels magnetic resistance help you to Intensify your exercise.With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease the Level of magnetic resistance
Although this exercise cycle has a backrest, it is not a recumbent bike. This is due to the sitting position of the rider. You will be sitting upright on this bike and using it. As this exercise bike is sold by Cardio Max (a JSB Healthcare venture) it is one of the best exercise bike brands in the country India. Not only JSB is known in India but abroad also. They export in more than 8 countries.
This is one of the top-selling products in the exercise cycle category online on Amazon.
- X bike with 4 kg flyweight and 3 cranks for a smooth cycling experience compact in nature that saves space
- Display : time, distance, speed, total distance travelled easy foldable design
- Max weight capacity : 100 kgs 8 level tension controller with backrest support and back handles non skid foot pedals with adjustable foot straps
- Assembly size (cm) 103x53x119 please see instruction manual for installation or tell us for help with installation engineer visit can be arranged on chargeable basis
- 1 Year jsb national warranty
Recumbent vs. Upright – Which one to Choose?
I will briefly touch upon the difference between the two types of exercise bicycles, this should help you understand them better.
- Seat – Recumbent mostly have a larger & more comfortable seat (as they have a back-rest). While the upright bike uses a small saddle (Like a regular bicycle and don’t have a back-rest). If you find the seat uncomfortable or uneasy, you can wear padded cycling shorts. They should help you exercise better.
- Pedals – Recumbent cycles have pedal positioned in the front of the machine. While the upright bikes have them under (Similar to how your regular bicycle pedals are positioned). Although both have different posture of exercise.
- Rider Position – Due to pedal being on the front, the recumbent cycle has a slightly reclined riding position. While as the name suggests, the upright exercise bike has a more upright or straight riding position. Some bikes also allow you to lean forward on the handle to resemble riding a road bicycle and some have a moving handle.
To conclude, if you have any injury or pains, you should opt for the more comfortable recumbent bike. This equipment gives you to freedom to exercise while being gentle on your lower back and joints.
If you like an aggressive workout, you should opt for the Upright bike or even better a spin bike.
Benefits of using an Exercise Cycle
Although, all the exercise bike brands which i have recommended above are all top brands in India and are best in the fitness industry. Below I have listed some benefits of using a air bike for weight loss in home. Please have a look.
- Cycling Machines help strengthen your lower body muscles especially leg muscles. The benefits are not limited to the calf or thigh muscles. Cycling also helps you strengthen your lower back muscles and keeps you energetic all day long.
- Indoor cycling is great for someone looking for a safe exercise for weight loss. Running is generally not recommended for overweight people as it might have a negative impact on your knees. However, cycling helps you tone your muscles and lose weight at the same time.
- Indoor cycling is also great for someone looking only to do light cardio exercise and warm up.
- These types of equipment can also help you relieve your entire day’s stress from your hectic schedule.
- You do not need to worry about rains outside if you have a gym cycle at your home or have a complete gym in your home. You can exercise at any time or in any climate in the comfort of your home.
This brings me to the end of my review of the best cycles for exercise in India. I hope this information helps you with your exercise routine. Do let me know in the comments section, the product you decided to buy. Also, do share your purchase experience online and your initial thoughts about the exercise bike. Also, share this article if you find this informative with one who needs these above exercise cycles.